Circular economy and Ecodesign
Environmental values are at the heart of Kübbii’s adventure!
Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
The main idea behind Kübbii is to use scraps from the consumer society and turn it into a smart and adaptable new product! When we know that each tonne of recycled paper saves 2 tonnes of wood, we understand the need to reuse already existing materials in order to actively contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of businesses and organizations.
An underestimated raw material!
For Kübbii, the raw material is recycled cardboard.
Cardboard is everywhere around us, to the point where we no longer pay attention to it. However, in addition to being strong, light and recyclable, it has incredible potential.
Cardboard work exists all over the world, but more often than not it is handcrafted and intended for single use.
The cycle of life
The Kübbii is therefore born from a gesture which is recycling. After many uses, it returns to recycling at the end of its life, leaving no ecological footprint behind! And the cycle begins again!
From when the Kübbii is created to when it returns to recycling, there are many steps that can leave a carbon footprint. At Kübbii, all the manufacturing steps are taken apart to minimize the environmental impact:
- The manufacturing process requires a very small amount of energy and water
- No toxic products are used: the glue is made from ecological dextrin (potato starch)
- All postproduction scraps are recycled to contribute to the waste prevention policy
- The production is entirely carried out in Quebec
- The company’s suppliers are located within a radius of 30 kilometers.